Who are Short Rents and what do they do?
Short Rents is a company that helps Australians maximise the rental income from their properties while at the same time ensuring those properties are kept in better condition than under other models.
Will my property get trashed?
Absolutely not, quite the reverse. In fact our properties are better looked after than most rental properties. We have a policy of no parties, no drugs, no pets and no smoking.
All guests have government ID and there is less wear and tear on the property. Why? Because short stay guests go out for dinner, and out during the day. They use the kitchens, appliances etc less than permanent guests.
And we get the property cleaned more often. Typically 2-3 times a week for a thorough five-start hotel quality clean. Try finding another permanent tenant that will do that!
Who should use our services?
If any of the following describes you, you should consider using our services:
- You want a reliable permanent tenant but of better quality than an average tenant with less wear and tear. In this case we are your tenant and we sublet your property.
- You want to short-term let your property but you lack the time, expertise or confidence to do it yourself. For these customers we become your partner, or co-host. You provide the property, we do all the work. You get the bulk of the income.
- You don’t reside full time in the property and you want to derive an income when you are not there, eg a holiday home. You block out the dates for your own use, we work our magic on the remaining nights of the year, maximising your income and ensuring your property is well taken care of.
- High-End Homes. If you have a very high end home and you don’t occupy it all the time, we can create huge revenue streams for you. Sometimes $3000 per night or more under our Co-Hosting model.
How long will it take to set up?
If your home is furnished and ready for the short-term market, you can be set up and earning an income in as little as a week.
If furniture is not yet in place, it may take a few weeks to get you set up. We can help.
What Locations do you service?
We either have already or are setting up properties in:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Is my property suitable?
Maybe. Maybe not. We’ll need to talk, and inspect your property. We certainly don’t take on all properties we are offered. Most commonly we’re involved in houses, apartments, townhouses and holiday homes. Typically the properties are in CBDs, or other popular destinations and tourist locations.
Why should I try Short Term Rentals?
Short-term renting your property can, if properly managed, create more income with less wear and tear. Plus the property can be used yourself if desired. The only downside is, it’s a lot of work. That’s where we come in. We do all the hard work, so all you have to do is collect the profits.
How do I get started?
If your home is already furnished you start by contacting us and we will inspect your property.
If your home is suitable we’ll organise photography and start working on getting your property listed on our network of booking sites and affiliates. We’ll need to ensure that utilities are connected, and internet.
You start collecting income from the first day of the first booking, which will be soon.
If your home is not furnished yet, we’ll inspect it an determine what needs to be done next re furniture.
Do I need to be constantly cleaning and doing laundry? I don’t have time to clean in between guests.
No. We organise all of that. Our housekeepers are on-demand and our procedures so well systemised that we can have the place cleaned and ready for the next guest on consecutive nights thereby maximising your occupancy and income.
How much do you charge?
Our fee is usually covered by the increased revenue you get, if you have been trying to do it yourself already, so it effectively costs you nothing. And we tailor our fee to each situation. There are zero upfront or setup fees.
In most cases we’re involved with the following
- Professional photography
- Listing and marketing your home through our various alliance partners
- Implementing our dynamic revenue strategy
- Guest liaison
- Cleaning and housekeeping
- Basic Maintenance
What about damage to my property?
Damage is rare due to our no partying policy and other policies. However accidents can happen. If they do everything is fully insured.
If you have a question or would like further information, fill out the contact form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Alternatively, please call us on 1000 000 000 for instant service.